Tips to give your home Curb Appeal
* Powerwash the outside of the house. If you have loose, peeling, cracking paint, you’ll need to have the place painted.
* Powerwash the windows outside and clean them on the inside. Be sure to remove debris and cobwebs—these will make windows look dull.
* Clean out gutters and replace if they’re rusty, bent or look old and in disrepair.
* Rake up leaves and dead vegetation and dispose of it.
* Keep the lawn mowed throughout the sales process. Make sure sidewalks and walkways are edged neatly.
* Get rid of weeds, dandelions and grass growing up through the driveway or sidewalks.
* Trim trees so that no limbs are touching the roof.
* Affix or replace loose roof shingles.
* Make sure all yard tools and toys are stowed away. Roll up that hose neatly.
* Put bikes, skateboards and scooters in the garage.
* If you have a basketball hoop, replace the net if it’s torn, dingy or worn.
* Trim back unruly, unkempt bushes.
* Install a motion detector light in the front yard so when lookers come by in the evening, they can see the front of the house.
* Install low-wattage ground lights along the front walkway.
* Keep the walkway to the house, the driveway, and the sidewalk in front of the house swept.
* Plant bright-colored flowers and keep them watered and looking beautiful. Remove wilted dead blooms religiously.
* Wherever your foundation shows, place a planter with colorful flowers.
* Give your front door a fresh coat of paint or replace it.
* Replace the door’s hardware and knob.
* Paint or stain your wood fences and repair any broken fencing.
* Replace the mailbox.
* Apply large, clearly visible house numbers to the front of your house.
* Keep garbage barrels in the garage out of sight.
* Powerwash your deck or patio and sand and stain if necessary.
* Secure any loose railings and boards on your deck.
* Trim bushes and vegetation around your patio or deck.
* Set up attractive, comfortable-looking sitting areas in the back yard. You can stage the outside of the house as well as the inside.
* If you have a dog, be sure to use the pooper scooper on a daily basis. If your dog’s a barker, keep it inside rather than let it stand outside chasing potential buyers away.
* Remove any wasp nests and ant hills from the premises.
* Keep all backyard toys and tools put away and the hose rolled up.